Meet Ray—our new Oaklandish and outlandish Mobile Visitor Center. Ray’s name represents Oakland’s status as the “Sunny Side of the Bay.” He brings a little bit of light with him wherever he goes.
Ray is hitting the road for his first California adventure to help share Oakland’s story and a taste of “Oakland Originals” (did you know that the popsicle was invented in Oakland?!). Follow his journey this weekend as he makes his way through Monterey’s Cannery Row and Monterey Bay Aquarium, over to San Luis Obispo to share Oakland’s Mai Tai’s at Mother’s Tavern, down to Santa Barbara to swing by Stearns Wharf, through Santa Monica and Venice Beach, and finally to downtown Los Angeles. Keep an eye out for #RayOnTheRoad in these locations!
When you spot Ray, be sure to take a photo and upload it to social media with the hashtag #RayOnTheRoad for a chance to win a complimentary weekend in Oakland.
Here’s how to enter:
- Follow Visit Oakland on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram
- Spot Ray while he’s in your town and snap a photo
- Upload the photo to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #RayOnTheRoad
One grand-prize winner will receive:
- Round-trip flights for two to Oakland via Southwest Airlines
- Two nights at the Waterfront Hotel, a Joie de Vivre property
- Two passes to the Oakland Museum of California
- A $75 gift certificate to Bourbon & Beef
- A $50 gift certificate to District Oakland
In case you’re not able to catch Ray on the road, here’s a sampling of our “Oakland Originals,” from our screen to yours And be sure to keep following our blog, The Oakland Ray, to keep tabs on Ray’s next adventure.
- 19 Sep, 2013
- Posted by Natalie
- 0 Comments